Airbases in LockOn

Probleme oder Fragen zu LockOn. Tipps, Tricks, Anleitungen und Tutorials.

Moderator: JaBoG32 Stab

Antworten
Havok
Gerade reingestolpert

Airbases in LockOn

Beitrag von Havok » 18. Jan 2006, 16:57

S!

I have a document called "Airbases in LockOn' by JaBoG32_Retsam, I dont know how old it is, or even where I got it! But it has details on how many clients can successfully join MP, listed per airbase. I was wondering if anyone knew how this info was obtained, if it is still valid.

The so called LockOn EJECT bug and a bug where aircraft, human and AI, start partially on the grass and partially on the runway (where after they usually just explode) has been tied to having a mission with too many planes at an airbase. But this document shows many aircraft being available, specifically at airbases I sometime have problems with.

Diesse document bist auf deutsch. Ich kann eine beischen deutsche sprechen, ich habe im shule im Danemark lehren, aber ich habe doch zu viele ort vergessen. Am I wrong about the contents of this document, and if so I apologize for taking your time. If not, can someone give me some information re: this document or how to obtain updated information? I would very much appreciate any help you had to offer.

Thanks-

Woodstock
Semi-Professional

Beitrag von Woodstock » 18. Jan 2006, 18:34

Hi Havoc and S!
Welcome to our forum!
As far as I recall, Retsam took the time and tried it out manually, adding client aircraft to every airbase in one mission and then finding out by trial and error how many a/c each base could handle.
I´m not shure if this information could also have been found in some config file.
The doc was made for and with 1.02 so I´m not shure if the numbers are still valid.
Retsam is no longer a member of our wing but Chrissi knows him personally and is still in close contact.
Other members that know more about the subject will soon reply here as well... - and maybe Chrissi informs Retsam about your request so he can answer himself.
Greetz,
Woody
"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it´s our home!"

JaBoG32_Chrissi
Site Admin

Beitrag von JaBoG32_Chrissi » 21. Jan 2006, 12:53

Hi Havoc,

yes - Woody is completley right.

Retsam's system looked like this:
1.) He set a certain amount of client aircrafts onto an airbase.
2.) He creates a mulitplayer game and selects the last aircraft in the list. Afterwards he click the fly button.
3.) Now comes the interesting part: When he joined on the grass or on the runway, he knew that there are too many client aircrafts. So he reduced the number of aircrafts and then tried it again, again, again... ;)

Since the airbases haven't changed since Lock ON 1.02 i think this document is still valid.
2. JaBoG32 "Fighting Wildcats"

Gruß, Chrissi aka Kichi :D
Our Dreams are Wings

Bild

Havok
Gerade reingestolpert

Beitrag von Havok » 14. Feb 2006, 07:19

Thanks guys for your time and warm welcome. Im sure you guys know of the EJECT bug. If these numbers are correct, then the claim that the EJECT bug is caused by this is wrong. I am no where near those maximums, specifically at the 3 southern airbases., and get aircraft that spawn on the grass and explode or clients that must use EJECT and pick different slot, different base. But, strangly enough, seems the F15 CANT always be used but the SU25/T & A10 spawn there no problem...Even Sukhumi sometimes same thing. The only other airbase Ive had problems with is Anapa. I wonder if the test was done with different aircraft or only 1 type? Also, I though the ED team fixed it in a patch at sometime. Maybe this is a mystery that will never be solved.

Thanks gentlemen...

S!

Antworten