dedicated server

Probleme oder Fragen zu LockOn. Tipps, Tricks, Anleitungen und Tutorials.

Moderator: JaBoG32 Stab

=4c= SAVO SRPSKI
Gerade reingestolpert

dedicated server

Beitrag von =4c= SAVO SRPSKI » 21. Jul 2008, 12:37

Dear fellows

hope you're all doing good.

We're considering to have a dedicated server if possible located in Europe.

Do you have any advises, links, informations regarding that?

thanking you in advance

Regards
Bild
:: SERBIAN VIRUTAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON :: https://www.4c-squad.rs:: est 17.09.1999 ::

JaBoG32_Laud
Professional

Re: dedicated server

Beitrag von JaBoG32_Laud » 21. Jul 2008, 12:52

Hi Savo!

We have some stuff but I'll have to look what we got in english language. And I'm not sure if everything is up-to-date...

But I'll have a look and post again then.
Bild

=4c= SAVO SRPSKI
Gerade reingestolpert

Beitrag von =4c= SAVO SRPSKI » 21. Jul 2008, 14:43

Thanks a lot Laud

the main purpose for a dedicated server is for future =4c= training sessions.
Today I'm mostly hosting them, but since not long ago I've switched from PC to MAC, and the win partition on it is pretty unstable.

Also, very possibly we would like to organize soon some lockon community events similar to RF with a special squad selection, in which Jabog32 squad will be listed for sure.... soon more details.

regards and salute to all Jabog32 fellows!
Bild
:: SERBIAN VIRUTAL FIGHTERS SQUADRON :: https://www.4c-squad.rs:: est 17.09.1999 ::

exJaBoG32_Viper
Advanced Member

Beitrag von exJaBoG32_Viper » 13. Aug 2008, 22:12

Hi Savo,

I'm workin' on a translation of the Dedi-Server-How-To but at the mom I dont have much free time to get that finished. But be sure...it comes..

Maybe one of the other guys can help me out a little to finish it afap.

@Laud: Everything at the How-To is up to date. Most of it works perfectly w/o any updates, maybe things like firewall may need an update but I tried to explain it as common as possible that the users can understand and do the needed changes for mostly all of the firewalls.
Ich brauch keinen Schutzengel....Gevatter Tod kann nicht so schnell rennen wie ich fliege ;)

JaBoG32_Laud
Professional

Beitrag von JaBoG32_Laud » 14. Aug 2008, 15:35

@Viper: Just send me what you have done so far and I'll do the remaining work.
Bild

exJaBoG32_Viper
Advanced Member

Beitrag von exJaBoG32_Viper » 14. Aug 2008, 20:48

@Laud: I'll send u later the text that has to be translated. After translation I recombine all together and make a pdf similar to the german version.

I rework the german one as well, make the pdf with index and anchors...and a vJaBoG-watermark.

But please...gimme some days. I have to finish a really important work...
Ich brauch keinen Schutzengel....Gevatter Tod kann nicht so schnell rennen wie ich fliege ;)

=4c= SAVO SRPSKI
Gerade reingestolpert

Beitrag von =4c= SAVO SRPSKI » 18. Aug 2008, 23:16

fellows
when you can, aint no hurry
thanks a lot
Bild

=4c=DolphiN
Gerade reingestolpert

Beitrag von =4c=DolphiN » 12. Okt 2008, 09:28

Hello guys,

I just saw Savo's post concerning the server matters and decided to post my message here.

Savo mentioned that 4c want to organize community exercise. Several months ago I started so called [i3so][b3so]Joint Virtual Tactical Exercise NUCLEUS[/b3so][/i3so] (JVTE Nucleus) as main moderator. It was held within 4c squad, first for testing purposes and then for further evaluations and improvements. We had two JVTE Nucleuses so far and now we reached the stage when we think that exercise should be introduced to serious LOMAC/FC community in the best possible manner. We would like to introduce one squadron at this stage, so I would like to propose to JaBoG to participate. I would personally be very glad if JaBoG would be the first squadron to participate JVTE Nucleus.

About the JVTE:
As a fighter pilot I was largely disappointed with quality degradation of major HL exercises and especially with the lack of realism and megalomanic mission creation in which no team could fulfill the most (if not all) objectives. I created tactical event in which tasks and the mission were created with max realism that LOMAC/FC can afford and dimensioned in that way that 6-8 pilots on one side can fulfill mission objectives.
Also, I wanted LOMAC/FC players to utilize all planning and battlefield management possibilities that LOMAC/FC can give, and therefore I give to Mission Commanders small ground units, NAVY units and AI aircraft that they could use to plan their missions (therefore, the exercise is JOINT). JVTE Nucleus turned to be greatly accepted among 4c pilots who recognized realism, quality and full power of LOMAC planning and gameplay features.
Apart from that, JVTE Nucleus is following sort of dynamic campaign through which I wanted to involve players to identify themselves with their teams and learn how one battle outcome leads to another mission.

JVTE Nucleus has it's rules which will be soon (within 24h) translated to English. Also, there is a small set of documents - sort of operational procedures - which team need to meet and follow during the mission planning and execution phase. This will also be translated.
Usual JVTE planning cycle is 4-5 days since this is the tactical event (realism feature), so teams need to show certain level of proficiency and motivation.

[b3so]The next JVTE is scheduled for Saturday 18102008 - hours to be discussed, but is expected to be in late evening/night hours.[/b3so]

If JaBoG squadron is interested to participate we would be very honored. In that case you will need 8 pilots + 0-2 reserve + 1 liaison officer (could be one of the slot pilots). If you would like to have more slots - please let me know. If you have less than 8 pilots it might be possible to ask few guys (freelancers) to join you.

[b3so]In case you are interested we will need your server to host one training and the mission itself (since we have no server which is capable of hosting 18+ people with guaranteed bandwidth and low ping).[/b3so]

Best regards,
DolphiN.

P.S. I attached some info/promo materiel. More details including maps, plans, screen shots, art, TACVIEW files and tracks from previous JVTEs are available at 4c site forum (search for NUCLEUS topic at the bottom) and gallery.
Dateianhänge
JEZGRO promo.rar
Promo materiel
(1.5 MiB) 389-mal heruntergeladen
[bbhk][ibhk]Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.[/ibhk][/bbhk]
[imgbhk]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1343 ... rv2ww4.jpg[/imgbhk]

JaBoG32_Laud
Professional

Beitrag von JaBoG32_Laud » 13. Okt 2008, 20:22

Hi Dolphin!

Nice to see you here! First of all thank you to all =4c= for inviting us to your exercise. Actually we have some probs getting together 8 (or more) pilots on a regular basis. But as we are quite close with the vJG71 we could maybe join as one team to fill all spots?

Please try to coordinate event-dates with "LOCERF" and "Crimean Incident" as we take part at both events.

S!
Bild

=4c=DolphiN
Gerade reingestolpert

Dedicated server

Beitrag von =4c=DolphiN » 13. Okt 2008, 22:19

Tnx Laud,

we would like to have the NUCLEUS on 18102008 (other weeks are already scheduled for other events). If you have few pilots that are willing to participate (including vJG71) we can organize the event by adding some of 4c pilots to your team. Also, if you - for any reason - can't participate - it is OK, np.

Is it possible to host a NUCLEUS mission on your server? We can provide TS for all the participants.

Core of the mission is already created and the team intel and tasks are also prepared. Your team can pick the team color (red or blue) and you will receive the tasks. I can send you the tasking documents tomorrow if you decide to participate. The other team will receive their tasks at the same time as you - so there will be no advantage for any team. Teams would need to plan their mission much in a way of a LOCERF. Since this is a tactical exercise, planning shouldn't be a problem. Final plans should be sent to me no later than Saturday 1500h. Execution will be between 2000-2200 (anything that is suitable for you, even other hours).

Nucleus is asymmetrical in nature and strives for realism, so short mission planning time, complicated weather conditions, mission time, failures (only minor), and negative scores for collateral damage is introduced. Like in LOCERF each pilot have one "life".

Please let me know if you are interested and can we count on JaBoG server?

Attached are the regulative documents for the NUCLEUS.

Best regards,
DolphiN.
Dateianhänge
English docs.rar
(145.97 KiB) 372-mal heruntergeladen
[bbhk][ibhk]Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.[/ibhk][/bbhk]
[imgbhk]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1343 ... rv2ww4.jpg[/imgbhk]

Antworten